Role and Responsibilities
The General Manager is an important leadership position responsible for carrying out Active Wellness commitment to service its members in the best fitness environment possible with the friendliest staff, most educated trainers, cleanest facility, most ethical business practices and state of the art equipment. The General Manager is also responsible for the health/wellness/fitness programs at Active's partner locations. The manager’s responsibilities include achieving health promotion and program participation objectives by integrating into the partner culture, developing quality fitness and wellness activities and making necessary improvements to meet participation and revenue objectives. The manager must be able to work alone and be proactive with excellent customer service skills and have the ability to motivate support program participants both on-site and virtually.
- Oversee the site fitness center/s, operations, financial reporting and programs/services for the client company’s employees while exercising good judgment in providing excellent programs and customer service to our members.
- Develop systems that deal with member issues proactively and in a timely, professional manner.
- Ensure legendary customer service, spotless club environment and friendly, knowledgeable staff.
- Assist in the handling of operational ordering of supplies within budget guidelines.
- Report on Payroll, facility maintenance orders and member enrollment and utilization.
- Work directly with client liaison contacts to carry out contract scope of work.
- Attend applicable management meetings, trainings, and retreats.
- Uphold Active's written policies and procedures.
- Be professional in your personal presentation.
- Cultivate and lead a positive, team-centered work environment that delivers on company goals.
- Hire, train, manage, and develop a high-quality team of fitness professionals in a way that enables them to reach their full potential.
- Review and evaluate staff performance constructively on a regular basis through informal and formal performance management mechanisms.
- Create communication mechanisms for staff that enables two-way dialogue and provides them with timely and accurate information pertaining to company and club goals, programs, promotions, and policies.
- Develop program plans, marketing and membership promotions to drive engagement of members and employees at partner locations
- Collaborate and communicate with partner contacts to promote membership and programs
- Provide health, fitness, and wellness education in and out of the Fitness Center
- Provide services to employees that may include stretch breaks, personal training, assessments, and seminars/workshops
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 2 years of management experience in hospitality/fitness or related industry.
- Experience in fitness and wellness environment, excellent communication skills, leadership and management skills, customer service oriented, results oriented, computer skills, ability to multi-task, experience in leading a team and commitment to fitness industry.
- Hire, discipline, manage, evaluate and terminate staff as needed.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent education and experience.
- CPR, First Aid Certified, AED
- Proof of citizenship or legal status
Physical and Working Conditions
- Ability to stand for several hours; ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Fitness club environment.
- Must follow OSHA and Active Wellness safety standards
Genesis Fit is a 5,600 square foot Fitness Center, currently located in the South Tower, has a great combination of cardio, weight and High Intensity Training (HIT) equipment to accommodate each individual’s workout routine. The 1,500 square foot Yoga Studio is beautifully lit with natural light, full length mirrors and an interactive flat screen for yoga sessions. This Fitness Center provides an excellent atmosphere for workouts and to accomplish personal fitness goals and is accessible from 5 AM – 10 PM , making it easy for employees to utilize the facility and equipment before, during or after work.