We are looking to add to our Active Team of talented, knowledgeable, professional General Manager with positive energy and a passion for motivating members.
The General Manager is an important leadership position and will be responsible for the oversight of fitness center.The General Manager is responsible for carrying out Active Wellness commitment to service its members in the best fitness environment possible with the friendliest staff, most educated trainers, cleanest facility, most ethical business practices and state of the art equipment. This person is responsible for achieving club objectives by developing a quality environment, meeting or exceeding financial projections, overseeing ancillary sales and meeting or exceeding new membership and retention goals. The General Manager will be responsible for overall supervision of team members and facility management to provide the best experiences for our members as well as a financially successul club. Serve as a role model and direct and manage the day-to-day operations of a club’s fitness programming in a way that realizes the company’s mission and core values.
- Cultivate and lead a positive, team-centered work environment that delivers on company goals.
- Hire, train, manage, and develop a high quality team of fitness professionals in a way that enables them to reach their full potential.
- Review and evaluate staff performance constructively on a regular basis through informal and formal performance management mechanisms.
- Create communication mechanisms for staff that enables two-way dialogue and provides them with timely and accurate information pertaining to company and club goals, programs, promotions, and policies.
- Manage an efficient fitness department whereby day-to-day operations run smoothly, company-wide policies are followed consistently, and problems are resolved in an effective and timely manner.
- Create staff schedules that guarantee there is appropriate coverage by the fitness team.
- Maintain and process all paperwork associated with members, staff or club operations completely and ensure information is entered in the appropriate systems accurately.
- Administration and processing of all semi-monthly online time sheet and employee payroll.
- Ensure superior customer service by sustaining a culture, through leadership and example, wholly committed to listening to members and guests, understanding their needs, and exceeding their expectations.
- Create and deepen relationships with members and enhance their sense of belonging and community within the club.
- Work with the sales team to integrate members into the club in a timely manner.
- Develop systems that deal with member issues proactively and in a timely, professional manner.
- Sincerely acknowledge members and guests.
- Be professional in your personal presentation.
- Use a professional and friendly communication style to enhance our member’s and guest’s experience.
- Be aware of and meet specific member and guest needs.
Staff Training and Management
- Ensure the fitness team takes an active role in keeping current in their fields and are well trained and knowledgeable about their jobs, the company, and our services, promotions and business practices so that they can provide members and guests with consistent and accurate information.
- Educate and train the fitness team on company and department programs.
- Ensure that all members of the fitness team keep current with the appropriate certifications, (i.e. PT, CPR/AED) they need for their job and maintain all paperwork associated with those certifications.
- Train staff and create systems that ensure they are embracing and following our Service Standards.
- Cross train staff so that they are always ready and available to help members and guests no matter what their job.
- Achieve financial performance results through the generation of ancillary service revenues, expense control and member retention.
- Oversee ancillary service programs and ensure that the programs are safe, provide quality experiences for members, meet members’ expectations and goals, and achieve revenue goals.
- Know your competition and use that information to make suggestions or changes that enable your club to be “best in class”.
- Develop and implement member communications initiatives that increase member retention, satisfaction and participation in revenue producing services.
- Monitor, evaluate and continuously improve operations, programming, and financial performance by interacting with members and staff, listening to their feedback and ideas and analyzing key metrics and data.
Please apply through our Active Wellness Careers page and if your skills and experience match our need, we will reach out to you shortly! APPLY HERE