Art Fitness is a Unique Personal Training Studio located in the Fairfax area of Wilmington De. We are looking for a few Independent Personal Trainers that are looking to grow their business in an atmosphere where there is autonomy, team work, self development and growth, and we deliver great results to our clients through customer service, training skills and knowledge of how the body works.
As an Independent Personal Trainer with Art Fitness, you will have COMPLETE control over your schedule and style of training your clients. We do however require a minimum of hours per week.
Awesome personality, sense of humor, infectious energy & positive outlook. We're a family. We get to know everyone in our studio on a personal level so we can build meaningful relationships. A fun, upbeat personality that can get along with just about anyone is essential. Rapport building & soft skills are absolute must-have qualities.
The opportunity for a huge career and lifestyle upgrade is available for the type of person who can bring their "A Game" on a daily basis. Are you that person? Respond to this ad with the subject line "Art Fitness Professional" and let us know why you'd be a good fit for our Studio! Sell us through your email on why you're the one we need to hire...
POSITION SUMMARY: Through education, motivation, and leadership, the Fitness Professional assists members-clients in establishing and reaching their fitness/wellness goals. Personal Trainers are expected to provide one-on-on, two-on-one, and small group training sessions 45-minutes in length. The Fitness Professional contributes to the overall success of the Studio by embodying the mission, vision and values of Art Fitness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Maintain a personal commitment to meeting the needs of members and guests.
- Create a client-specific exercise program for every training session.
- Consistently offer high-quality programming that is goal-specific, safe, and enjoyable.
- Participate in all staff related meetings and other required activities.
- Being punctual and prepared for all appointments with clients or professional staff
- Behave as a role model by leading and promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- Maintain a professional, positive attitude at all times when working with members.
- Report to Fitness Operations Manager daily/weekly on the progress of client’s and/ or with any training questions
- Consistently keep up with clients sessions throughout their contract and report to the Fitness Operations Manager if scheduling problems do occur
- Dress professionally, according to the Art Fitness dress code standards.
- Be an advocate for the club at ALL times.
- Participate in Community Outreach programs
- Conduct fitness consultations for new clients including: pre-participation screenings, medical history, lifestyle questionnaire and goal setting to assess and recommend personal training programs
- Complete and maintain accurate and current client files, doing weekly weigh-ins and completing body measurements once a month.
- Constantly strive for excellence in the personal training position at the Art Fitness.
- Other duties as assigned
· require morning, evenings and some weekends.
· 10 hours a month Member Services tasks
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be highly motivated, Self motivator and Think outside the box
- Time Management and organization skills
- Professional and enthusiastic attitude.
- Contribute to studio growth and development
REQUIRED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Nationally-recognized personal training certification from NSCA, ACSM,ISSA or NASM. Other certifying bodies will be considered. Certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Must have current CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications (must be obtained within 60 days of hire)
- Will train applicants that demonstrate exceptional knowledge of health/fitness and display a passion for working with people.
Sales & Promotion:
- Promote and sell Art Fitness programs, services, and products
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding monthly revenue and session goals
- Develop and maintain a personal training client base
Managerial & Supervisory:
- Complete all administrative requirements associated with each client’s fitness plan
- Attend all meetings
- Remain current on certifications and new trends in the industry
- Ability to build relationship with members
- Excellent customer service and promotional skills; energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of fitness, cardiovascular training, nutrition, and program design
- Knowledge of safe exercise techniques
- Demonstrate exercises and adjust machine weights, free weights, and cardiovascular equipment
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to operate a computer and Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel)
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- One year personal training experience preferred
- Program design experience preferred
- Certified Personal Trainer (minimum of one certification)
- CPR/AED certification
- Obtain one of the core four certifications within 6 months of hire: NASM, ACE, ISSA or NSCA
Member Services Task:
· Fitness Assessments
· Equipment Orientations
· Challenge Events
· Cleaning Studio
· Smoothie Prep
· Client Lead and Follow up
· Client Appreciation cards
Communication Skills: Conveys information accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication methods based on situation.
Customer Service Orientation: Listens & responds effectively to customer questions; resolves customer problems to the customer's satisfaction; respects all internal and external customers; follows up to evaluate customer satisfaction; measures customer satisfaction effectively; commits to exceeding customer expectations.
Integrity & Trust: Demonstrates consistently sound personal and business ethics and behaviors. Builds trust with others through openness and candor. Communicates intentions, ideas, and feelings openly and directly.
Initiative: Demonstrates self-motivation through action. Thinks & acts without being asked; strives for results & achieves them.
Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills: Demonstrates a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeps up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. Able to effectively apply technical knowledge.
Provides Motivation Support: The ability to enhance others’ commitment to their work. They recognize and reward people for their achievements. Expresses pride in the person or group and encourages people to feel good about their accomplishments. Energizes their audience.
Results Driven: Defines appropriate goals, works toward achieving goals, articulates vision and steps for achievement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to perform an aerobic activity for the duration of a class. Bending and moving is done frequently. Employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Physical activity will include standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, climbing or balancing, sitting and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Lifting requirements are 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds. The vision requirements are close, distant, depth, and ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a health club environment. This position routinely deals with club employees, members and vendors. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. This is a high paced environment.