Fitness Director – Naples Heritage Golf & Country Club, Naples FL
Naples Heritage Golf and Country Club (NHGCC) is a leading bundled community situated on 550 acres of tropical preserve land in beautiful Naples FL. We have 799 homes and our members enjoy an active lifestyle participating in golf, tennis, and pickleball. We our coming out of a major campus expansion which highlights a completely new fitness center. Our members have come to expect a dynamic fitness program to help them feel and live better.
We are currently searching for a Fitness Director to oversee the operations of the new Fitness Center.
This position is responsible for managing and leading a Fitness staff, purchasing and maintaining equipment and developing processes to ensure a safe environment while providing an enjoyable, goal-orientated exercise experience for our members.
The Fitness Director will be the face of the Fitness program and their staff. This will include:
1. Program Administration and Development:
· Supervising all group exercise classes (while instructing some of these classes) and providing personal training as required.
· Acting as the lead in recommending new fitness programming ideas to enhance our members’ experience and health.
· Work in harmony with all house professionals (e.g. Physical Training, Golf, and Racquet professionals) to achieve specific fitness goals for our members.
· Be proactive on fitness trends and technology that relates to our members’ demographics.
· Research and develop possible fitness related revenue opportunities for NHGCC.
2. Fitness Department Management:
· Manage assigned staff in terms of efficient scheduling, reporting, coaching, training, assessment, recognition, complaint resolution, and accountability.
· Recruit and interview new staff as necessary, to support program schedules and maintain seasonal flexibility.
· Ensure staff interactions with members are conducted in a professional, supportive and empathetic matter consistent with NHGCC’s Employee Excellence Standards.
· Develop and oversee the budget and expenses for staff and fitness facility.
3. Facility Management:
· Ensure safety standards are maintained in the gym and fitness classes at all times.
· Provide emergency response if/when required.
· Ensure the maintenance of all the equipment is kept up to date for functioning, cleanliness and safety.
· Be willing to expand responsibilities with future fitness and sport activities such as Bocce ball, Pickleball, etc..
The Fitness Director is expected to be an active instructor leading 35-45% of the classes during season (October 16th – May 14th) and most of the limited summer classes (May 15th – October 15th).
To be successful in this role, you need to employ judicious decision-making abilities regarding a diverse range of activities. Preferred applicants are effective multitaskers, have the ability to motivate others and are observant.
This position will be a key role of the entire team of NHGCC and will be expected to be a leader in our world class culture of Employee Excellence Standards.
Bachelor's degree in exercise science, physical education, kinesiology or related field.
4+ years work experience as personal trainer.
2+ years work experience in a fitness management position at a facility that serves an age 55+ clientele.
Certified personal trainer certification such as ACE or NASM and must be CPR/AED certified.
Physically fit, strong, agile, dexterous, with a professional appearance and behavior.
Available to work some weekends and public holidays may be required.
Year-round, Full Time, Salaried position.
Full NHGCC department head benefits will apply including health insurance, paid sick days, paid vacation after one year and more.
Additional income from Personal Training available year-round.