**Applications will only be considered though our careers page!**
PLEASE USE OUR CAREERS PAGE TO APPLY TO THE LOCATION(S) OF YOUR CHOICE: https://afterburncoaching.applytojob.com/apply
Be fit. Change lives. Have fun.
If you’re reading this, you’ve probably been motivated by Orangetheory Fitness coaches. You’ve been inspired by them. They have pushed you when you’ve thought you couldn’t do one more Burpee and held you back when you needed it (but maybe didn’t want to admit it). They remember your name. They make you feel welcome, and that you’re an integral part of the hour you spend together. Their positive energy stays with you long after you’ve left the studio, and you find yourself counting the hours till your next workout. Through all that rowing, running, lifting of weights, and listening to their encouragement and expertise, you just may be thinking what-if-what-if-what-if? You wonder, “Could I do this?” And the more you think about it, the more excited you’re getting at the prospect of leading others the way you’re led -- class after class, day after day, month after month. Well, now’s your chance to realize your dream of becoming a Fitness Coach for Orangetheory. We’re hiring and currently seeking qualified elite coaches who can deliver a fantastic workout experience to our members, here’s what you need to know about working in a company that exudes positivity, passion, expertise, and growth.
As an OTF Fitness Coach, you will be responsible for delivering scientifically pre-designed workouts for up to 24 members per session. The Fitness Coach position requires a strong ability to coach and manage time plus motivate multiple clients in a group setting. An OTF Coach must focus on a well-rounded theory of fitness, including endurance, strength, and power, using the tools given to optimize the client’s experience and results. YOU WILL HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN UP TO $55/CLASS!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to leading and motivate members through pre-defined workouts.
- Ability to helping members set and achieve goals.
- Ability to demonstrate all exercise movements, monitor the exercise form of our members and the ability to offer corrections if an individual is not using proper form.
- Understand and be able to communicate the science behind our workouts specifically, heart-rate focused training programs in general and being aware of what the competition is doing.
- Assist sales associates with OTF studio tours and sales.
- Ensure the safety of participants in regard to heart rate and exercise techniques.
- Build OTF attendance and retaining current members.
- Being a team player.
- Having a willingness to work nights, holidays and weekends.
- Bachelor's degree in an exercise-related field preferred
- Current AED/CPR certification, Required
- One year minimum experience as a Personal Trainer or teaching groups in the fitness industry, Required
- Current fitness certification by an OTF-approved organization such as one of the following, Required:
- National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Aerobics & Fitness Association of America (AFAA)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Be able to be on your feet leading and instructing members for the duration of the workouts
- Intermediate knowledge of physiology, exercise technique, and body mechanics
- Positive, motivating and effective interpersonal communication skills
- Desire and capacity to train all fitness levels