Join the West Cook YMCA!www.westcookymca.org Apply online today for the position of Cycle Instructor, PT @ $15.00/hr. You must be 18 and over to apply. Prospective employees will be required to complete a pre-employment background screening.
The West Cook YMCA, rooted in Judeo-Christian tradition, is dedicated to developing the spirit, mind, and body of all persons through quality leadership, programs and services, in cooperation with community groups for the common good.
West Cook YMCA Cycle Instructors provide instruction for group cycling classes and may assist with other Healthy Living programming and special events. Cycle Instructors offer participants planned programs to advance their workout efficiency, improve their fitness level, and most importantly, make strides towards achieving a greater sense of health and well-being.
- Model the YMCA’s commitment to improving health and well-being.
- Lead onsite group cycling classes in a safe and effective manner and provide a high level of service to members and participants.
- Allow adequate time pre/post to engage with participants in order to help build a greater sense of community and provide opportunities for health literacy.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Adhere to all guidelines and procedures set forth in the West Cook YMCA Handbook.
- Assist the Healthy Living Department in finding substitutes when unable to attend a scheduled class.
- Know and enforce all YMCA rules and regulations.
- Keep the Cycle Studio area and equipment organized, clean, and inviting.
- Ensure that all certifications are current and up-to-date.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Healthy Living Fitness Program Coordinator.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
Values:Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results:Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise:Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships:Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Developing Others:Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
- Walking, standing, and sitting (including on the floor) for long periods of time and while maintaining alertness.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Lifting and carrying supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent bending, leaning, and kneeling.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.