Orangetheory Fitness is a trendsetting franchise fitness organization with 1000+ locations open in the US and Canada and 300+ new fitness studios under development nationally and internationally. We are currently seeking high-energy, qualified trainers and coaches who can deliver high levels of service and a fantastic workout experience to our members.
As an OTF Fitness Coach, you will be responsible for delivering scientifically predesigned workouts for up to 36 members per session. This position requires a strong ability to coach and manage time, motivating multiple clients in a group setting, and produce a high-energy and positive experience for our members. An OTF Coach must focus on a well-rounded theory of fitness, including endurance, strength, and power, using the tools given to optimize the member’s experience and results.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The OTF Fitness Coach will lead up to 36 participants through OTF specific group training sessions
- Responsible for executing positive, high energy, OTF training sessions
- Responsible for organization and cleanliness of the training floor, as well as other area of the studio when needed
- Responsible for marketing OTF training services inside and outside the OTF studio. Examples: are marketing events with your OTF team, tents and tables, etc.
- Responsible for building OTF attendance and retaining current clientele
- Responsible for the safety of your participants in regard to heart rate, exercise technique, posture and spine, as well as joint stress and stability when resistance training
- Attend monthly fitness staff meetings and all relative, mandatory webinars and other requested corporate meetings and continuing education presentations
- Intermediate level knowledge of physiology, exercise technique and body mechanics
- Experience in training clients through functional training techniques
- Experience in group exercise and training settings is highly desirable
- Must have the ability to progress and regress exercises on the fly, in real time
- Positive, motivating and effective interpersonal communication skills
- Must have the desire and capacity to train all fitness levels, novice to elite
- Must hold a current fitness certification from an OTF approved education company such as ACSM, ACE, NASM, NSCA, AFFA, NFPT, NPTI, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Exercise Related Field is preferred
- Must have current CPR/AED certification
- 1+ years of professional experience teaching groups and/or personal training in the Fitness Industry
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must have the strength and ability to safely lift and move up to 40 lbs.
- Flexible Schedule; must be available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
Physical Demands: Fitness Coaches are leaders of the Orangetheory workouts. This requires them to be on their feet leading and instructing members for the entirety of the workout. In the weight room, coaches must demonstrate all exercises for members which can involve but is not limited to: Bosu balls, medicine balls, dumbbells, TRX, ab dollies or other fitness equipment.
· Part-time & Full-Time
· $25.00 - $60.00/hour
- Group Exercise: 1 year (Preferred)
- Personal Training: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)