Town Sports International
The Personal Trainer (PT) position focuses on creating a relevant fitness experience for members through goal-oriented and specific programming. The Personal Trainer creates value in our fitness programs (both 1-1 and small group) and drives retention through results.
The Personal Trainer role achieves success through embodying our core competencies (Create the TSI Environment, Build a High Performing Team, Achieve Measurable Results).
Create the TSI Environment
Models the core attributes of a successful employee with the utmost integrity, lives the mission and empowers others to do the same; focused on building meaningful relationships with members, their kids and team members.
• Modeling and promoting the Clubhouse Rules.
• Adhering to all TSI policies and procedures including, but not limited to timeliness, codes of conduct, dress and timekeeping.
• Documenting all health risk concerns and incidents and reporting to management.
Build a* High Performing Team*
Actively facilitates self and team member development; constantly seeking new ways to build skills and competency; elevates the brand experience.
• Being proficient in the use of MoSo, Club Networks, KRONOS, and any other computer program required to meet the business needs of the customer and TSI.
• Quickly addressing any maintenance or equipment issues that are visible to members.
• Making sure that fitness equipment is maintained and fitness floor meets or exceeds safety and functional standards.
• Partnering with club sales team to engage prospective and existing members to recommend appropriate fitness programs.
• Providing a compelling and in-depth Needs Analysis that builds value in our fitness programs.
• Completing all administrative tasks concerning personal training clientele.
• Responding to member inquiries and concerns in a timely manner, escalating to club mgmt team as needed.
Achieve Measurable Results
Meets and exceeds company goals and metrics surrounding employees and members; never satisfied with the status quo.
• Ensuring all fitness and CPR/AED certifications are maintained.
• Hitting and exceeding sales and revenue targets.
• Engaging in prospecting activities to build clientele including (but not limited to) call drives and approaching members on the fitness floor.
• Working individually with clients to craft individualized training programs taking into account goals and health concerns.
• Driving retention by regularly checking in with clients and planning appropriate progressions
Required Skills and Experience
• Physical demands include ability to walk through all areas of clubs, repetitive squatting, bending and lifting (e.g., 40 – 60 lbs.), restacking of weights, moving of equipment as necessary and ability to demonstrate other exercise movements as part of a personal fitness workout
• Nationally Recognized PT Certification
• H.S, Diploma or GED equivalent
• CPR/AED required within 30 days of hire
• Bachelors Degree in Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Recreation or P.E. related field