Our Recreation Division operates an impressive network of 29 recreation centers that offer affordable programs and a wide variety of activities to enrich the lives of Denver residents and visitors year-round. Denver Parks & Recreation employees are devoted to positively impacting our diverse population, including children, youth, adults, seniors and special needs groups. With over 1,000 organized classes and activities going on at any given time, the City & County of Denver offers a wide variety of programs and facilities. Our facilities promote a safe and fun learning environment through the provision of well-rounded amenities including multi-purpose rooms, exercise rooms, weight-rooms, dance spaces, pools, basketball/tennis courts, playgrounds, athletic fields, running track and more! With these kinds of resources at your disposal for developing fitness programs, you are sure to attain professional development and success with the City & County of Denver.
Our Certified Cycling Instructors demonstrating proper cycling techniques and methods for participants and ensures a safe, fun and enriching fitness environment. We are looking for enthusiastic and exceptional fitness professionals to join our high-caliber team dedicated to the wellness of Denver's citizens. Both primary instructor and substitute teaching opportunities are available.
We are looking for Cycling Instructors to teach at the following locations:
- Central Park Recreation Center
- Provides exceptional instruction to individuals of all cycling levels
- Demonstrates professional, safe, and effective class instruction while offering ongoing motivation and feedback to class participants
- Creates enthusiastic and energetic class environments whileproviding specific emphasis on safety and proper execution of movements
- Shows a willingness to answer questions and utilize positive conflict resolution skills
- Meets the outstanding customer service standards of Denver Parks and Recreation
- Keeps current on all certifications and fitness industry practices
- Maintains attendance records for classes; distributes and collects class evaluations as requested.
- Complies with employee procedures and expectations as detailed in the employee manual.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
This is an on-call position which will work no more than 39 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits. On-call positions may have routine or variable work schedules.